Yogurt Muesli Bread
A delicious hearty bread recipe
Dish Type: appetizers, breakfast, healthy snacks Lifestyle: localvore, vegetarian
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp vital gluten
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of your favorite muesli
- 2 tbsp milk
- Add yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl. Wait for 10 minutes until bubbling. Add the honey and the oil then stir the yogurt in.
- In a separate bowl, mix whole wheat flour, gluten, oat flour, salt and muesli.
- Gradually mix the flour to the liquids, folding continuously. Knead until a sticky dough forms.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer the dough in an oiled bread pan and brush with the milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown, and cool on a wire rack.