Wild Fire Cider
3 inch piece horseradish root sliced
2 medium onion – chopped
10 cloves garlic – crushed or smashed
6 small sliced peppers – jalapenos serrano
1 lemon – sliced
½ cup herbs – holy basil, schisandra, nettle, thyme, rosehips, star anise, astragalus, parsley, burdock, oregano, citrus peels
3-7 small pieces turmeric
7 inch piece ginger sliced
1 Tbsp each whole cloves & peppercorns
¼ tsp cayenne powder
raw apple cider vinegar
**Wear gloves preparing these vegetables and avoid contact with face, eyes etc.
- Prepare all vegetables and layer into your 2L jar with spices. You can grate them all using a food processor or slice and chop them.
- Cover completely with apple cider vinegar.
- Place parchment paper under lid to prevent metal or plastic from coming into contact with the vinegar. Use a jar or rock to keep veggies submerged.
- Shake gently and store out of the light. Shake 3-4/week.
- After 2-8 weeks, strain out the pulp, pouring the liquid into a clean jar.
- Store out of the light or in the fridge.
- Enjoy 1 Tbsp straight up each day preventatively, or 3Tbsp/day for an immune boost. Alternatively add 1 Tbsp to hot water and add honey to taste.