Tigernutty Oatmeal Cookies
These Tigernut cookies are a tasty treat
Dish Type: baking Lifestyle: dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian
- 125 g. butter;
- 100 ml. sugar;
- 150 ml. tigernut flour;
- 350 ml. oatmeal;
- 0.75 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder);
- 200 ml. raisins, dried mulberries or dried cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine the tigernut flour, oatmeal and baking soda in a bowl.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended.
- Add the dried fruit to the mixture.
- Roll out baking sheets on two baking trays.
- Shape the mixture into 24 small balls.
- Gently press down the balls until almost flat on baking trays, 12 cookies per tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until light and golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.