Roasted Acorn Squash with Cider Vinaigrette
The added touch of the vinaigrette make this recipe so much tastier.
Dish Type: Lifestyle: dairy free, gluten free, nut free, vegan, vegetarian
2 medium acorn squash
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. apple cider
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. whole-grain mustard (or other gluten free mustard)
¼ c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons oil and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Roast until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the cider to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup, 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the reduced cider, vinegar, mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Transfer the squash to a platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette just before serving.