Raw Lemon Bars
1 cup almonds
1 1/2 cups dates
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon zest (the peel from 1 lemon)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (ideally from the lemon above)
1 1/4 cups shredded dried coconut
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place almonds in food processor and process into a fine powder.
2. Add dates, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest to food processor.
3. Process again until well mixed.
4. Once everything seems pretty well processed, set food processor lemon bar mixture aside for a moment.
5. In a large mixing bowl, place your dried coconut and salt. Mix with a spoon to distribute sea salt.
6. Now dump your food processor mixture into the mixing bowl. Mix everything together with your clean hands so that it's nicely combined and resembling a delicious lemon bar dough!
7. Transfer your raw lemon bar dough into your final dish. Now press the mixture down into the dish with your hands so that the mixture sticks together nicely.
8. Refridgerate the bars for at least an hour before cutting.