Paleo Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
5 Eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup applesauce (you can make your own or use a sugar-free pre-made brand)
1/2 cup raw honey, melted
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/4 cup finely ground blanch almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup coconut oil
3 Tbsp. raw honey
2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat on medium with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in another medium sized bowl. Mix together with a fork to break apart any clumps.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat for about 20 seconds. Make sure all ingredients are combined.
5. Fill each lined muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
6. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and set aside to cool completely. All the way cooled! But feel free to sneak one to nibble on while the rest cool off.
7. Once the cupcakes have cooled, make the frosting! Combine all of the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds until well combines. Ice those cupcakes and get to eating!
Products featured in this recipe