Mexican Avocado Fries
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 large egg whites
2 firm, ripe avocados
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1tbsp of taco seasoning
1. Turn your oven to broil . Place a baking sheet in oven while broiler preheats.
2. Combine flour, salt, pepper and taco seasoning in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Place egg whites in a small bowl, and whisk until foamy.
3. Halve avocados, remove pits, and cut each half into 6 wedges. Pull off peels.
4. Dredge avocado wedges in flour, dip in egg white, and then dredge in breadcrumbs. Remove baking sheet from oven; coat with 2 tbsp of oil. Place avocado slices on baking sheet.
5. Broil 5 minutes or until brown on top. Turn and broil 2 more minutes. Remove and serve with lime wedges.