Homemade Whole Wheat Bread with Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
whole wheat bread gets an extra chewy crunch from toasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds!
Dish Type: baking Lifestyle: nut free, vegetarian
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/8 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp organic butter
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 4 tbsp vital gluten
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seed
- ¼ cup flax seed
- Combine warm water, yeast and honey and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine whole wheat flour, wheat bran, wheat germ, gluten, milk powder and salt.
- Add butter to liquids. Slowly add the flour mixture, half cup at a time, folding continuously, until a dough ball forms.
- Transfer the dough into a clean bowl, cover and let it rise in a warm place, until it is doubled (about one hour).
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with butter or oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and bake the bread for 25 minutes.