Heart Healthy Hazelnut Maca Chocolates
Make these chocolates as a gift for someone you love or as a special treat for yourself! The Maca in these treats is proven to balance hormones, improve libido, energy and help you adapt to stress. Awesome! Not only that; dark chocolate (70%) or higher has been shown to improve risk factors for cardiovascular disease including: lowering blood pressure, increasing good cholesterol, mitigating the effects of bad cholesterol and improving insulin sensitivity. So not only do these chocolates taste fantastic they have proven health benefits as well. Yay!
1 cup cacao butter
¾ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
5 hazelnuts chopped with more for topping
½ tsp powered Maca Root
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Melt cacao butter and raw cacao powder together over a water bath. Make sure the water is not too hot or the chocolate will thicken and you want it to be a chocolate syrup consistency.
- Once melted add all remaining ingredients.
- Top with decoration of choice.
- Pour into chocolate molds or pour into a pan and place in the freezer to solidify.
- Pop the chocolates out of the mold or break up into piece from the pan to make chocolate bark if you don’t have molds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with ingredients, spices and flavorings.