Gluten Free Rhubarb Cake
Rhubarb is in season. Use the abundance to create this delicious cake for mother's day.
Dish Type: Lifestyle: gluten free, nut free, vegetarian
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups gluten free flour blend
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup milk of choice
2 1/2 cups of finely chopped rhubarb
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer, beat butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture, while alternating with milk of choice. Beat until cake batter is smooth.
- Fold in rhubarb and pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until cake is done.
- Serve warm or cold.