Carob Blueberry Loaf
This is a “guest recipe” as made by a Mum's Original fan, Karen. She has embarked upon the Engine 2 diet to improve her health and get a little bit better. Way to go Karen!
- 1 cup spelt or almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup Mum’s Original™ Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup Mum's Original™ Ground Chia
- 1/2 cub carob powder
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Mum’s Original™ Banana Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mum’s Original™ Himalayan Rock Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×5 inch pan with preferred cooking oil (vegetable oil, coconut oil).
- In one bowl mix together both flours, carob, corn starch, baking soda and powder, salt.
- In another bowl whisk together coconut sugar, almond milk, applesauce, and Chia.
- Add wet mix to the flour mix. Stir until combined and then add blueberries.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes on medium rack (or until an inserted knife comes out clean).
For more great superfood recipes, visit www.mumsoriginal.com