Bliss Energy Balls - recipe from our friends at PGX
Bliss Energy Balls are a sweet treat and made with natural raw ingredients including dates, nuts & seed. They’re perfect snack item or after dinner treat!
Dish Type: Lifestyle: vegetarian
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1-2 tablespoons raw hulled sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoon almond, cashew or hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocao powder
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2-3 sticks PGX Daily Singles (Optional)
- Place dates and sunflower seeds in a metal bowl and pour hot water over just to cover them. Let soak for at least 15 minutes. Seed may need longer soaking if a softer consistency is desired.
- Drain water and reserve in a separate container.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl except for the shredded coconut.
- Mash and mix (a fork will do) the next 6 ingredients together until a paste forms. If the paste is too thick, add a tsp of the reserved date water and mix again.
- Add PGX granules and mix a few more times to blend the granules in.
- Put the shredded coconut in a glass or metal small bowl.
- Take approximately a teaspoon amount of paste and form into a small ball with your fingers, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Drop the ball into the shredded coconut and roll around the bowl until completely coated, forming a ball as you go.
Place on a nice plate to serve right away or store in a glass container and refrigerate