Creating a Community of Keto Lovers in Calgary
We now have two keto options for you – come to one, come to both!
DETAILS FOR FEBRUARY 27 - KETO KLUB (the last Tuesday of every month):
- If you are already living the Keto lifestyle and are looking for tips and techniques to keep you on track, then the Keto Klub is for you!
- Our topic this month will be Intermittent Fasting with Cindy Hardie. Learn the different types of IF, the benefits and downsides and the best way to start if you decide that intermittent fasting is for you (talk starts at 6:30pm)
DETAILS FOR MARCH 10 - KETO 101 (the 2nd Tuesday of every month):
- Keto 101 is for anyone who has heard of the ketogenic diet and wants to find out more, or who is interested in starting a keto diet but is not sure where or how to start.
- We are thrilled to confirm that Dr. Natasha Iyer from the Better Medical Clinic will be our featured speaker for the Keto Klub. Dr. Iyer will present a medical perspective on the benefits of a Keto lifestyle, how to get started and some of the latest research on the topic (talk starts at 6:30pm)
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE KLUB?
We meet the 2nd and the last Tuesday of each month
Meetings are facilitated by CNF’s Cindy Hardie - who has been living the keto lifestyle for over 3 years
Keto meals are available from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Meet and mingle, get to know other keto converts, sit and have dinner
Our featured speaker and topic starts at 6:30pm and usually ends at 7:15 (upcoming meeting details are above)
After the talk, there’s time for questions and more mingling
PREVIOUS TOPICS HAVE INCLUDED
- Intro to Keto and how it works
- Intermittent fasting – how it works and is it right for you?
- Hormones and keto – are they related?
- Staying keto for the holidays – how to prepare and tips to know
- Keeping clear of sugar
WHY JOIN THE KETO KLUB?
At each meeting we will have resident experts and professionals to answer your questions about going Keto and staying Keto
SUPPORT YOUR HEALTH
Research continues to support that going Keto can result in positive changes in your health; we’ll update you on the latest information
SHARE YOUR STORY
Everyone’s journey in Keto – and in health – is different and it’s always great to hear from others how they started and where they are at
EAT GREAT FOOD
There aren’t many places to eat a Keto friendly meal that is made just for you in Calgary, and each meeting will feature at least four delicious, hot and Keto friendly foods for you to enjoy
Whether you’re new to keto or have been living the lifestyle for a while, there’s always more to learn and explore
SHARE RECIPES AND TIPS
It’s fun to share recipes and tips about living a keto lifestyle and find out from others what works
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the cost to join? There is no cost to join the Klub! Our goal is to create a wonderful Community of Keto lovers.
- How much does the meal cost and do I have to eat? Regular café prices apply (by weight). You do not have to eat (but when you see the specially prepared keto dishes we think you won’t be able to resist!)
- Can I come to just hear the speaker at 6:30? Of course! Arrive whenever is convenient for you.
- I’m new to Keto – will there be information to help me get started? Absolutely! In addition to our trained staff there will be ample information to get you started.
DON’T MISS OUT ON THESE NEW KETO PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR STORES
TK Ranch Leaf Lard – TK Ranch uses 100% pasture raised pigs and they only use the pig "leaf." The leaf is the highest grade of lard and has the least "porky" taste than any other lard. It has a very high smoke point which makes it great for sautéing. This fat is unbelievably creamy. There is something decadent about scooping this lard out of the container!
TK Ranch Beef Tallow - What is tallow? It's basically rendered beef fat. What is interesting about tallow is that you can reuse it several times if you filter it between uses and it is shelf stable. TK Ranch tallow is from 100% grass finished beef, grown right here in Alberta!
Other interesting things to know about tallow… Tallow is great in skin care products because it is uniquely compatible with the biology of our cells. About 50% of the structure of our cell membrane comes from saturated fats, with remaining amounts consisting of monounsaturated and to a lesser degree polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fats give cell membranes the “necessary stiffness and integrity” necessary for proper function. The saturated fat ratio of tallow is 50-55% saturated fat, making it uniquely compatible with our skin. (https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/know-your-fats/fatty-acid-analysis-of-grass-fed-and-grain-fed-beef-tallow/ ) It also contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which support cell membrane structure and therefore help skin hold in moisture. Because its composition is so similar to our own it absorbs very easily, leaving skin soft and supple. Tallow contains skin nourishing ingredients that plant-based oils do not – it contains an abundance of naturally occurring fat soluble vitamins (A,D,K and E), Omega 3 fatty acids, and anti-inflammatory conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
Follow us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/communitynaturalfoods