- Focus on eating whole foods, they contain more nutrients and mother nature’s wisdom.
- Eat more raw foods - they contain live enzymes and nutrients and boost energy.
- Eat breakfast daily to boost your energy and mood all day long.
- Drink more filtered water - it is the easiest way to improve health.
- Eat more healthy fat from whole foods ex. Flax , avocado, hemp seed, walnuts and oily fish
- Eat colorful vegetables and fruits; they are high in antioxidants which is great for the body!
- Consider taking Vitamin D - 97% of North Americans are deficient at some point in the year (University of Calgary study)
- Eating local food means more nutrition; it isn’t picked early and didn’t travel so far.
- Choose organic foods more often, less chemicals and additives = better health
- Use the add in concept - ask what can I add to make this meal healthier?
- Have a smoothie a day with fruits and veggies to boost your good nutrition for the day.
- Reduce refined white foods including sugar and flour - switch for more nutritious varieties such as agave nectar or stevia, or almond or oat flour.
- Have a food plan each week - saves money, energy and you tend to eat healthier.
- Eat fermented foods for better digestive health (kimchi, sauerkraut, etc).
- Eat seasonally - foods are more nutritious and less expensive.
- Cook at home! It is healthier and cheaper. Make big batches and freeze.
- Purchase foods in bulk for a nutritious cost effective choice with less packaging.
- Eat simply - food and cooking doesn’t have to complicated!
- Shop, meal plan and cook with your kids - they will be healthier for it in the long haul.
- Smile, you are making better health choices and doing awesome!
Products featured in this article