- Look for calcium supplements that include magnesium and vitamin D. The body needs these extra nutrients before it can use the calcium you give it.
- Trouble digesting tablets? Liquid calcium supplements are easy to swallow and easier for the stomach to absorb.
- Chelated calcium is calcium that has been combined with proteins to make it more digestible and more like the calcium found in nature.
- Vitamin C helps the body absorb calcium and maintains collagen, a bone-building protein.
- Glucosamine Sulphate is the most studied supplement for the treatment of joint pain. Sodium free varieties are available for those with high blood pressure.
- MSM is a sulfur- based molecule naturally found in many foods, but easily destroyed by cooking. Many people find MSM combats the symptoms of joint disease like inflammation and muscle cramping.
Products featured in this article