Written by Nicole Boisvert CHNC, CPCC– nutritionist, life coaching, marketer, mom
Community Natural Foods is a company that has seen a lot of change. Our 40 year history in the health food industry has been remarkable. From our humble beginnings as a bulk food cooperative to our 3 locations and on line store today we have been on the forefront of changes happening in the industry both locally and nationally. As a business and as individuals who work for this business we like change. It is what keeps our industry new, fresh, innovative and fun.
Our resolution for this year is to serve you, the customer better than we ever have before. Convenience is on our minds and we have a few options in the works to make it as convenient as possible for you to shop, learn and help out your local community. We are upping the ante even more this year in our effort to be the best business and community partner we can be.
We all live busy lives and convenience is important to all of us. We are developing new options for a more convenient shopping experience with us such as home delivery of groceries including fresh foods and pay and pick up your groceries. We started doing beta trials of this programs late 2016 and will be working towards more options in 2017.
In 2017 you will also see an improvement in our on-line offering. It really is the best kept secret in Canada but we do sell products on line. There will be a bigger than ever push to make this an easier, more affordable and more convenient option with even more of the products you love.
Weekly flyers/specials and great pricing are a change also on the agenda for 2017. We know that cost is important in these economic times so offering weekly sales and offering the best prices possible on food so you can feed your family well and squeeze in the extras Too!
As Nelson Mandela once said – “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” We at CNF definitely have to agree with that so we are upping our education programs. There are three options for learning in 2017:
- Webinars - We will be holding webinars with national and international experts in the health industry on a variety of topics that matter to you.
- Seminars – We are teaming up with the biggest names in the industry on such topics as detox, ketogenic diets and hormones and more.
- HOW to Series – These events hosted at our 10th avenue location will be bringing you great new topics for 2017 including how to make sourdough bread and healthy homemade energy bars and much more.
If the change you are wanting to make in 2017 is to help others and participate more in your community we have you covered:
- Our Change for the Earth program is going strong making it easy for you to help local Calgary charities. Just donate your bag credit when you shop to the new and changing organizations each month.
- We have a long time relationship with the Calgary Interfaith Foodbank and make it convenient for you to donated food with our handy food bins at the front doors.
- We will be focusing on more local stories and organizations on social media this year to make it easier for you to learn and participate in your community. We make helping other people simple.
Whether you decide to make a change or start something new with your health in 2017 we will be here to help you, our loyal supporters on your health and lifestyle journey. Our dedication to change will have you living your healthiest life yet.