- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple, cored and chopped
- 1 ripe pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- 1 cup orange mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- Combine all ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Serve chilled.
For the Orange Cream:
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Bring the orange juice to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the juice is reduced to about 2 tablespoons of thick syrup.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and mix well.