Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free, Dairy Free
Like the famous Spinach Dip that is full of super-fatty cheese and mayo, this one tastes as creamy and decadent but is awesomely good for you! Rich in whole protein, Vitamin E and Omega’s, this dip is one you can enjoy guilt free. Whether you serve it with veggie sticks or plop it into a scooped out bread loaf, this one will be a favorite for the health nut and the mayo-lover alike…everyone can be great-full!
- 10 oz (300gr) frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 can (4oz/ 218ml) sliced water chestnut
- 3 large green onions chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Red Star nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup Mum’s Original™ Slow Roasted Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup water (or plain rice milk)
- 3 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon yellow miso (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mum’s Original™ Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard (condiment not powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Drain the spinach and squeeze water out. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain and chop the water chestnut (should equal approx. 3/4 cup) and add to spinach.
- Add chopped green onion and nutritional yeast flakes to spinach mixture and hand mix.
- In a Magic Bullet or food processer, add all other ingredients (Mum’s Slow Roasted Hemp Hearts, cashews, water/plain rice milk, onion powder, miso, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, Mum’s Original Himalayan Rock Salt, mustard, chili powder and ground pepper). Blend on high until creamy.
- Pour the “hemp sauce” on spinach mixture and gently blend until it is mixed throughout spinach.
- Serve chilled with veggies or in a scooped out bread loaf (a gluten free one of course!).
For more great superfood recipes, visit www.mumsoriginal.com