Healthy Homes smart tip
Submitted By: Green Calgary
No matter how many tons of chemicals are dumped onto suburban lawns to kill them, dandelions reign. Before you bring out that bottle of herbicide – consider what Dandelions can do for you:
- The greens are one of the best sources of beta-carotene
- They supply high amounts of potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and fibre
- They contain many trace minerals and nutrients. In fact, 1 cup of raw Dandelion Greens has more vitamin A, vitamin K, Calcium, and Iron than 1 cup of Broccoli
- Dandelion Greens have both a tonic and cleansing action in the body, especially in the kidney and liver.
- They support digestion, reduce swelling and inflammation, treat viruses, jaundice, edema, gout, eczema and acne.
A recipes to get you started:
Honey-Preserved Blossom Spread http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Honey_Preserved_Blossom_Spread.htm